more than books

more than books

Tuesday 7 April 2015

Memories of a broken girl( Saint George story)

The fire is surrounding me, like I’m its prey, even if I’m not seeing it, I’m beginning to feel the heat from the flames. The horror is soaking through my bones with every roar of the dragon.
 “Boom”, his, I suppose, big tail, impacted with my leg, now I’m on the floor, begging  God for another opportunity to live, but…nothing happened.
 Another roar from the dragon and, again, his tail impacted in my stomach. “Crack”, I think something’s broken. Now, I curse my blindness for not see the attack from the beast. Maybe they were right when they said that God hates me or when they said that the Devil is inside me and he didn’t let me see.
 “Crack” Another attack and I can’t feel my arms. With every broken bone, a memory hits me and invaded my head. This time, the king was saying I will sacrifice my life to the dragon, instead of the princess.
 “Boom” This time…, this time I can’t feel anything and the cold is consuming me instead of the fire, sincerely, I prefer the fire because it proves me I’m alive, the cold is so,… so lonely.
  “A servant like you don’t deserve any attention” I can imagine her devilish smile in her ugly face. “You are nothing, please; you are just a poor excuse for a servant and a human. I know why everyone hates you, darling, it’s not because of your blindness, it’s because you are ugly, fat and…and…¡ugh! You are just too ugly!”
 Okeeey! Can she even say a decently sentence?
 Slap! A broken nose for me.
Slap! Slap! Slap! I’m lucky I’m blind, because I won’t see the ugly mark of her hand in my face.
 “Crack” Ouch, this time she hits my stomach, it hurts a lot.
  7 slaps and 5 cracks after…
The echo of her steps let me know that she leaves, with a broken and bloody body behind her, MY broken and bloody body.
 The cold, again, is surrounding me, leaving me alone, far from the world and far from the people.
……………………..
 - Aaaaaaaa!
 - Din!Din! What happened?
 - A nightmare.
 - Again?- I don’t see him, but I know that his beautiful blue eyes, like people describe me, are looking at me, worried.
 - You know they won’t hurt you again, she won’t touch you again.
 - I know, this time I dream about the dragon before you recued me.-I said with lovely eyes.
 - I love you, Din. I won’t leave you; I will protect you, always.
 - I love you too, George.
 And with that, I returned to my dear dreams, knowing he won’t leave me with a stupid and cruel princess in a palace where I hadn’t anyone except me. Now, I have a happy live and I would like to be this way forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment